Who we are
V Net Zero Humber Cluster
The V Net Zero Humber Cluster is led by Harbour Energy, owner of the planned VNZ CO2 Transportation & Storage System. Harbour Energy is the largest UK listed independent oil and gas company. The company aims to deliver value in a responsible manner for all stakeholders in accordance with global standards and ensured by strong corporate governance. Harbour Energy is committed to being Net Zero by 2035.
VNZ CO2 Transportation & Storage
The planned VNZ CO2 Transportation & Storage System (comprising onshore and offshore transportation, and offshore injection well facilities) will use existing and new infrastructure to safely transport and securely store CO2 in high-quality depleted gas reservoirs in the Viking Area of the southern North Sea.
Humber Zero - A large-scale decarbonisation project backed by world scale partners, Phillips 66 and VPI Immingham, to remove up to 8 million tonnes of CO2 each year from the Immingham industrial site by 2030.
- VPI Immingham: The VPI Immingham combined heat and power plant with associated capture and compression for post-combustion carbon dioxide and planning a 767MWth blue-hydrogen plant.
- Phillips 66 Humber Refinery: Refuelling of industrial heaters with low carbon hydrogen.
Prax Lindsey Oil Refinery
- A world-class supplier of quality fuels, Prax Lindsey Oil Refinery extends over 500 acres and incorporates some of the most advanced refining and conversion processes in Europe.
- Prax Lindsey Oil Refinery's initial target is to capture 1.1 million tonnes of CO2 per year from the refinery's heaters and process units for transport and storage by Harbour Energy.
- The carbon capture project will be completed in two phases on units at Prax Lindsey Oil Refinery.
EP UK Investments
- South Humber Bank Power Station: an existing 1,400MW combined cycle gas turbine power station with post-combustion, capture, compression and export of CO2.
- South Humber Bank Energy Centre: a proposed ‘Energy to Waste’ plant with an electrical output of up to 95MW, also with post-combustion, compression and export of CO2.